At Saint-Denis in the Paris suburbs, the architectural firm Vincent Parreira AAVP sign the realization of Casares Doisneau inter-school group. The program consists of kindergarten and elementary schools (27 classes), a leisure center, a food court, a gym and a caretaker.
On this project, the agency says Vincent Parreira AAVP:
"The architectural heritage of Seine-Saint-Denis is rich and varied: buildings characteristic of various architectural movements of the twentieth century buildings intersect polychrome brick and stone millstone typical of late nineteenth century.
The city of Saint-Denis parallel account of the great monuments of Gothic style of the twelfth century, as the Cathedral Basilica, and remarkable contemporary buildings such as the Stade de France, which blend all industrial buildings component General Stores Aubervilliers.
While industrial buildings have not always been welcomed during commissioning, today they are true symbols of modernity that you want to keep to be better. The idea of wealth is the need for affiliation, it is a relation to the past, the present and the future.
What's more ambitious than to reveal to users, children with action sensitive and relevant awareness.
Between social memory and built heritage, the challenge was reinterpret this together in an allegorical fusion. Indeed, the rich ornamentation of our industrial buildings and spaces that flow from being lost in the collective memory. We wanted rehabilitate this iconography, give it a contemporary value.
Built of wood, structurally and in its finish, the project demonstrates a real commitment to a smooth response through noble and durable materials.
It falls on the ground giving an identity to strong each program:
- The school building ECO - HAL catering + gym building - the building BAG access to the gym - the LOG building, housing the keeper with independent access
Different buildings are connected together by bridges of games.
The main building ECO is a wooden building (structure / cladding) R +2. Set U north of the parcel (street Cristino Garcia), it accommodates kindergarten and elementary schools. To avoid choking the existing wood body side is, folds up like a rhizome with a view from the street-Henri Murger on brick fireplace. The latter is restored original state and open to the city. She plays a vertical mark.
Facing the ECO building, the HAL building is constructed according to the same constructive principle that the school (a wooden frame on a concrete base), with a bracing laminated glued forming a decorative portion on the upper mesh.
This building offers two large bunk volumes. The first, on the ground floor is a large outdoor sheltered volume in image of old halls, which are implanted in small buildings storey mess welcoming schools. All of these volumes is dressed a wood cladding to recall the ECO building.
On the roof terrace of the ECO building, two treatments differ, a non-available plant area and a tracking oak decking (gasoline dito corridor).
The second volume, Upstairs, a large frame height (minimum 7 meters) welcomes the gym. The facades of sports equipment are made of polycarbonate (nanogel process for thermal insulation). Only a full basement (double skin steel tank with thermal and acoustic insulation) is provided at a height of 2.10 meters and the entire periphery of the gym for complete sound absorption ceiling and protect the facades of shocks balloons. This device has an inner cladding belt in slatted wood as volumes mess on the ground floor. HAL receives building solar panels on its cover.
Two buildings are marking the corners of the plot. To the west, in line with the ECO building, the building LOG (R +1) which houses the keeper's dwelling has a wood frame and siding. To the east, the BAG building is an extension of the hall, connected to the latter by an inner bridge. BAG is a building metal frame, consisting of cranes, which can be seen as an additional frame of HAL building in which overlapping volumes double skin steel pan. It houses necessary for the proper functioning of the gym (the locker room floors and roof CTA).
A project high quality Environmental
The main lines of our HQE are:
- Implementation of the frame protecting the playgrounds of the prevailing winds and orientation of the frame for maximum comfort inside.
- Use of sustainable materials like wood for the school building.
- Efficient façade coverings (wood shell / polycarbonate + + nanogel metal mesh).
- Douglas fir cladding. - Exterior carpentry wood larch.
- Powerful Sun Protection: vertical blinds and projection / textile type of Ferrari Soltis (FS = 0.13), perforated perforated sheet 50% and 70% depending on case.
- Retention / infiltration and rainwater through a green roof providing hydrothermal summer comfort, permeable surfaces in the playground and a retention pond.
- Autonomy of hot water preheating for food and accommodation keeper by installing solar collectors on the roof pole.
- Level THPE (very high energy performance) reaches representing a gain of 20% of consumption in relation to RT2005, and on all buildings. "
Photographies: Luc Boegly
For more information, visit the Vincent Parreira AAVP.